Learn, connect, and play at AWS re:Invent!
At re:Invent, working hard means playing hard. That’s why, in between bootcamps and lectures, there are plenty of fun activities waiting for you. These range from a pub crawl to a Harley ride, so you can relax, unwind, and meet the other participants, partners, and sponsors.
Sunday, November 25
- Midnight Madness: 10 PM – 1 AM – The Midnight Madness pep rally kicks off re:Invent with music, snacks, and drinks, with a sneak peek at other upcoming events. Come to hear executives give their thoughts on AWS, see the first new launch, eat, dance, and meet your fellow attendees.
- Tatonka Challenge: 10 PM – 12 Midnight – The Tatonka Challenge is an Amazon tradition at Midnight Madness. This year re:Invent plans to break its own personal Guinness World Record for the largest chicken wing eating competition, with 214 participants. Not a meat-eater? Don’t worry, cheer on the other participants and enjoy some celery as they eat their way into the history books.
- Harley Ride: 12 Noon – 5:30 PM – The 2018 AWS Harley Ride gives attendees a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take a scenic ride across the Mojave Desert. Helmets and lunch are supplied before you take off on your adventure. Make sure to reserve your spot and choose from two different scenic routes that take you past Red Rock Canyon or the Valley of Fire.
Tuesday, November 27
- Fun Run: 6 AM – Run for a reason. Fun Run is in memory of Sam Blackman, the CEO of Elemental and the event benefits Girls Who Code, a non-profit that strives to bring more women into the computer science field. This organization aims to increase the number of young girls learning about computer skills that are essential in the world of technology. Choose from a 4k or 8K run and register by logging into your re:invent account.
- Pub Crawl: 6 PM – 8 PM – A pub crawl is a perfect way to meet and network with other attendees. And the best part? All drinks and appetizers are covered by re:Invent. Meet other professionals in your field of interest while drinking at Aria, MGM Grand, Mirage, and the Venetian. Each venue location will have a specific topic and AWS specialist, along with eight awesome prizes, one for each topic zone.
Thursday, November 29
- Broomball: 8:45 PM-Midnight – Join re:Invent in the third annual Broomball This homegrown variant of broomball is basically a sillier version of field hockey. It is played on a grass field with a rubber ball and goal lines instead of soccer nets. *Broomball is no longer accepting teams, but everyone is welcome to come to cheer on the players.
Network with AWS partners while you relax after a long day of hackathons and bootcamps.